Waiver & Agreements
You agree to all of the following terms and conditions
once registered for a "Reider Hockey" Program.
WAIVER & RELEASE / ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK
This waiver releases, REIDER HOCKEY, LLC AND MATTHEW REID from any legal responsibility that may occur from injury, during on and off-ice training sessions , camps, clinics, tryouts, tournament games, and events.
1. Being of lawful age and in consideration of being permitted to participate in the on and off-ice training sessions, camps, clinics, tournament games, and special events, the Participant releases and forever discharges the Activity Provider, the Activity Provider's spouse, heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives and assigns from all manner of actions, causes of action, debts, accounts, bonds, contracts, claims and demands for or by reason of any injury to person or property, including injury resulting in the death of the Participant, which has been or may be sustained as a consequence of the Participant's participation in the activity described below, and not withstanding that such damage, loss or injury may have been caused solely or partly by the negligence of the Activity Provider.
2. The Releasor understands that the Releasor would not be permitted to participate in the activity described below unless the Releasor signed this Agreement.
3. The Participant will participate in the following activity: REIDER HOCKEY, LLC , will be providing on and off-ice training sessions, camps, clinics, tournament games, and special events for youth hockey players.
4. The Participant acknowledges that this Agreement is given with the express intention of effecting the extinguishment of certain obligations owed to the Participant and with the intention of binding the Participant's spouse, heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives and assigns.
5. The Participant acknowledges that the Participant does not have any physical limitations, medical ailments, physical or mental disabilities that would limit or prevent the Participant from participating in the above-mentioned activity. If required, the Participant will obtain a medical examination and clearance.
6. The Participant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the Participant has carefully read this Agreement, that the Participant fully understands the same, and that the Participant is freely and voluntarily executing the same.
7. The Participant understands that by signing this Agreement, the Participant agrees to be forever prevented from suing or otherwise claiming against the Activity Provider for any property loss or personal injury that the Participant may sustain while participating in or preparing for the above noted activity.
8. This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties to this Agreement and the terms of this Agreement are contractual and not a mere recital.
9. This Agreement will be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Maryland.
Once signed, this waiver will be valid indefinitely. I understand that my son or daughter will be participating in activities that involve serious risk of injury, including permanent disability and severe social and economic losses, which might result from their own actions, from the actions of others, from the rule of play, or from the condition of the competition area and/or the related facilities or equipment used in the activities in which I will be participating. I also understand that there may be other risks not known to me or not reasonably foreseeable at this time. I assume all of the forgoing risks and accept personal responsibility for any resulting injury, permanent disability or social and economic losses. I hereby release, waive and discharge REIDER HOCKEY, LLC and MATTHEW RED and their respective employees and representatives (collectively the “released parties”) from, and agree not to sue any such released parties for, any claims demands, losses or damages which result on account of any injury, permanent disability or social or economic loss caused by, or alleged to have been caused by, in whole or part, any cause whatsoever, except for the sole negligence of any such released party.
In consideration of being permitted to participate in any way in the REIDER HOCKEY Program indicated below and/ or being permitted to enter for any purpose any restricted area (here in defined as any area where in admittance to the general public is prohibited), the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) of the minor participant named below agree:
1. The parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) prior to their minor player participating in the below REIDER HOCKEY program, should inspect all necessary equipment including their player's own personal hockey equipment such as helmet, skates, gloves, sticks, mouth guards, protective pads, etc. to ensure all are in good working condition and meet safety requirements set forth by the manufacturer as well as USA Hockey. If the minor participant becomes aware of any such equipment becoming broken or no longer deemed SAFE before or during the REIDER HOCKEY activity or program event, including his or her own personal hockey equipment, the participant should immediately advise an official and will be advised to cease participation.
2. I/WE fully understand and acknowledge that:
(a) There are risks and dangers associated with participation in REIDER HOCKEY program activities and events which could result in bodily injury partial and/or total disability, paralysis and death.
(b) The social and economic losses and/or damages, which could result from these risks and dangers described above, could be
1. These risks and dangers may be caused by the action, inaction or negligence of the participant or the action, inaction or negligence of others, including, but not limited to, the Releasees named below.
2. There may be other risks not known to us or are not reasonably foreseeable at his time.
3. I/WE accept and assume such risks and responsibility for the losses and/or damages following such injury, disability, paralysis or death, however caused and whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Releasees named below.
1. I/WE HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE REIER HOCKEY, LLC, MATTHEW REID, HELPERS, COACHES, VOLUNTEERS, OR THE ICE RINK facility used by the participant, including its owners, managers, promoters, lessees of premises used to conduct the REIDER HOCKEY programs premises and event inspectors, underwriters, consultants and others who give recommendations, directions, or instructions to engage in risk evaluation or loss control activities regarding the FIRST LIVE EVENTS facility or events held at such facility and each of them, their directors, officers, agents, employees, all for the purposes herein referred to as "Releasee"...FROM ALL LIABILITY TO THE UNDERSIGNED, my/our personal representatives, assigns, executors, heirs and next to kin FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES OR DAMAGES AND ANY CLAIMS OR DEMANDS THEREFORE ON ACCOUNT OF ANY INJURY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DEATH OF THE PARTICIPANT OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE EVENT(S) CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEE OR OTHERWISE.
2. I/WE HEREBY acknowledge that THE ACTIVITIES OF THE EVENT(S) ARE VERY DANGEROUS and involve the risk of serious injury and/or death and/or property damage. Each of THE UNDERSIGNED also expressly acknowledges that INJURIES RECEIVED MAY BE COMPOUNDED OR INCREASED BY NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS OR PROCEDURES OF THE RELEASEES.
3. EACH OF THE UNDERSIGNED further expressly agrees that the foregoing release, waiver, and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the Province or State in which the event is conducted and that if any portion is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding continue in full legal force and effect.
4. On behalf of the participant and individually, the undersigned partner(s) and/or legal guardian(s) for the minor participant executes this Waiver and Release. If, despite this release, the participant makes a claim against any of the Releasees, the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) will reimburse the Releasee for any money which they have paid to the participant, or on his behalf, and hold them harmless.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE, OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE TO ME AND INTEND MY SIGNATURE TO BE COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
By Registering, you have read the above carefully and agree to everything stated.
I have read this Waiver and Release from Liability and understand that I have given up substantial rights by agreeing to it. I agree to this waiver voluntarily, intending to be legally bound.